Thursday, May 9, 2013

Wednesday - Not Very Jerk Wings and Lots of Watermelon

Before we get started, I decided that -- despite its deliciousness -- I didn't need to eat the leftovers from yesterday's dinner. I gave them to one of the girls at work... I'm sure she enjoyed it as much as I did.

First off today, a bowl of Watermelon

Then, James at work brought me a bag of Peppers from his garden. I ate them over the course of the day.

After that, Gordon gave me ONE Blueberry. One.

A little bit later, more Watermelon. One piece of Cantaloupe from Dave.

Brent and I watched the Heat game together at Stout Irish Pub. This was the place with the killer Jerk Wings that we went to last Friday. The TV situation there is a little odd: They have a zillion TVs, but none of them seem to be convenient to any of the tables. Brent and I moved one of the tables around and we settled in to watch the game.

We both ordered the wings.

They were good, but they weren't as Jerk-y as the ones on Friday night. That didn't stop me from eating them. I told my tale of woe to Jolene, and she offered to talk to the kitchen about making me a second set with more Jerk to them.

Well, the second ones came out, and they were a little more flavored, but still not like last week. Again, it didn't stop me from eating those, either. I guess that there was a different chef on the other night.

Here's a picture of Brent, who is making his first appearance here in the Blog.

Later, before I went to bed, I had a bowl of Frozen Grapes.

There won';t be much in the blog tomorrow, because I am traveling. But starting Friday, we should be action-packed, as I will be in the delicious food capital of the world... Lima, Peru.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will be an exciting food review...can't wait... but watch your waist! ;-) Viv

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!