Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Last Day in Lima and the Trip Home

SUNDAY
For our final meal at the resort, we had sandwiches for breakfast... this time with some mystery cheese. I ate two.

Finally back in Lima, I wanted to eat EVRYTHING, seeing as to how I was neglected for two days.

I was a frenzy, so we headed to Las Brujas de Cachiche. They have a high-end buffet every day, so I knew I would be happy.

Happy I was. I ate. And I ate. And I ate some more.




I had (from top to bottom): Causa stffed with Crabmeat, Choros a la Chalaca, Tiradito (raw, thinly-sliced peieces of fish, Rocoto Relleno, Rice and Duck, Pork Slices Saltado, Freshly-Made Cebiche, Some other Chunks of Pork, Some Meat That I Don't Remember, Another Rocoto Relleno, Sauteed Vegetables, and some more Rice and Duck.

I then had a bowl of their Parihuela (not pictured). Brujas does everything pretty well. I could take you to individual places for ONE thing better at 20 different places, but there's no muss and no fuss here.

That being said, the Parihuela wasn't that good. I did leave room for dessert, however.

This picture shows your classic Rice Pudding with a side of Tiramisu. I only did a bite of the cake... it was too 'boozy' for me. I also had two Suspiro de Limon. It's pretty much a Lime Mousse, but I will let them call it whatever they want.

We liked it there, and here's a picture of us with Hugo, our waiter.


After Lunch (we finished around 5 pm), we headed over to Kennedy Park to get hot, freshly-made Picarones.
I had three of these. Or two, I don't remember.

Later that night, Ed crashed, and I met my friend Andrea when she got off of work. We went to this Starbucks that was in an old house.

I had a Chicken Salad Sandwich and a Cappucino. Andrea had a different sandwich and a Frappucino.

Here's Andrea looking all pretty after work.


That was it for Sunday.

MONDAY
I had some Ice Cream at the airport. It was my last hurrah.

Nothing on the airplane. Not even a bag of nuts.

At home, three bowls of frozen grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!