Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend: Sunday & Monday

I think I did OK.

Lonnise and I went to Mr. M's Sub Shop on Sterling Road, right off of I-95. They do a good job.

I had a large Turkey on Wheat Bread. I had them scoop out the bread, and add Mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickle, green peppers, onions, jalapeno peppers, mild pepper rings and maybe some other vegetable-type stuff. No cheese; no mayo.

It was pretty damn good. I really like that place, but the only down side is that you don't get to watch while they are making your sub, so I can say, "More of that; less of that." That's probably why they don't let you watch.

Later on, I found some baby carrots and had a handful.

We went to Shenanigans on Sheridan Street (next to T-Y Park) in Hollywood to watch the Heat beat down of the Pacers. I started in control, with an order of ten grilled wings, they called them Wasabi-style, but they weren't spicy.

Lonnise had the Cajun flavor. She didn't like them, so I ate the five that she left over. I didn't like them much, either.

We (ok, I) got caught up in the Heat-induced euphoria, so I ordered each of us ten of the Jerk Wings. They were excellent. Lonnise took most of them home, but if you're keeping score, I was at 25 wings. At least they were grilled.

On Monday, I remained not surprisingly full, so my intake so far (4:30 pm) has been two containers of watermelon from Foodtown in Hollywood (they add up to one Albertsons container), some mixed fruit salad, and four red peppers.


If you're keeping score, that's zero points all day, so I was feelinggood about dinner with Lyn and a couple of his friends at Pho79, a Vietnamese Restaurant on Stirling Road in Davie.
They only have a few things on the menu, and -- according to Lyn -- they really should have only one thing: the Noodle Soup.

I started with the Spring Rolls. These had some sort of wrapping around shrimp, noodles and vegetables. They were very, very good.


Then my Soup came. I ordered a Medium-Sized (everyone else got small... go figure) #25: Eye Round Rare Steak and Beef Brisket. The Medium was huge. I saw a Large go to another table, and it was extra-huge. My bowl wasn't chock-full of meat, but there was enough. And for $8.50, I felt like I was stealing. The noodles were good, too. They put a plate full of bean sprouts, cilantro, basil, lime, and hot peppers on the table, and you add your own to the soup. Here's the soup with everything added:

I finished the bowl. So, after thinking about it, I probably could have eaten the Large, but I certainly didn't need to. If I hadn't had the Spring Rolls, that would have been a different story, but I did, so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!