Saturday, May 4, 2013

Stout Irish Restaurant & Sports Bar

Tonight, Lonnise, Jeff, Joe Robert and I went to Stout Irish Pub, an Irish Restaurant and Sports Bar on Andrews Avenue. They've been open around a year now, and I drive by the restaurant every day on the way to work. I saw an ad for them last week that announced that they had 6797627033592 Large Screen TVs, so we went there to watch tonight's playoff games.

The place was pretty crowded, and we had to valet our cars. The hostess changed channels on the TVs so that we could see what we wanted from our seats. We had a waitress team, as there was a trainee 'following' the regular waitress, but the trainee did all the work. And she did a fine job.

They offer Grilled Chicken Wings. Me, Jeff and Lonnise all ordered them with sauce on the side. They were kind of dry rubbed with Jerk seasoning, so they were spicy without being all full of sauce. They were big, too. Even better, they were excellent.

My ten wings were really, really good. Good to the point of me sitting there trying to figure out how to order ten more without getting dirty looks from Lonnise. Jeff saved me, as the Jerk seasoning was too spicy for him (I didn't think so, but I like Hot more than he does). He had only eaten three, so I took the remaining seven off his hands, and he ordered a side salad, and that kept him happy.
Jeff and his salad.
That's seventeen wings for me if you're keeping score at home. Lonnise didn't finish hers either, but she took them home to have for Lunch at work tomorrow.

Joe Robert ordered the Fish and Chips. Aside from it being a big order, he said the breading was tasty, crisp and not greasy, the fish was fresh and not 'fishy', and the waffle fries were very good. Here's Joe Robert and his food. The dining room was very dark, so I didn't have great success taking pictures there.

All four of us thought that we would go back and eat there again... the rare unanimous verdict! And it's right down the block from my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!