Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Mothers Day!

Hi. Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers.

I started today with some frozen grapes from the supermarket.

Right outside the airport, I had an empanada. I was there to pick Ed up from his Machu Picchu trip.
  

His flight was late, so I had time to have a Gelato in the airport. I only eat Gelato in the Lima airport, so this was a bonus.

On the way back from the airport, we stopped at Chicharrones Don Lucho for Chicharron Sandwiches. I had one yesterday, but I talked it up to Ed, so he wanted one, too.


We also ordered a Salchicha sandwich. That's a sausage patty on a roll. My half was unspectacular, and Ed hardly touched his, so I ate the patty without the bread.

Later, Back in Moraflores, we went to Punto Azul, because it was going to be two or three hours until we ate again.

I had a large handful of the cancha (toasted corn). Then I ordered the Parihuela (seafood soup).

I forced Ed to get a Cebiche Mixto (all mixed seafood; no fish)

Garry, Veronika, Ed and I went to La 73 Paradero Gourmet for Dinner tonight.

Veronika and I shared the Cebiche (all fish) and the Grilled Octopus appetizers. Half and Half... for a skinny girl, She sure can put it away.





For my main dish, I had a blackboard special: Mariscos en Salsa Anticuchera con Pastel. Translated into what was on my plate language, that was Shrimp and Scallops in a sauce like what gets put on the Grilled Beef Hearts that are so popular here. The 'pastel' is layered potato slices, filled with cheese and other delicious cream-like stuff. I was so excited, I forgot to take a picture of it.

I did get photos of Ed's dish (half chicken with a very nice looking salad), Veronika's (some fish called Mantaro) and Garry's (Chupe de Cangrejo - Crabs and a piece of fish). This was not the classic chupe soup that we were expecting, but Garry was very happy.

We finished it off with an order of their famous Churros.

Yes, that's chocolate to dip them in. Here's the breakdown of the six churros: Rich, 2 - Garry and Veronika, 1 and a half each - Ed, 1.

I really like La 73. It was my second visit, and they seem to get everything right. And, the tab for the four of us (including and after-dinner shot of Anis) came to about $4 less than the check for two people at Central Restaurant. I still preferred Central, but at lass than half the price, La 73 is not only good, but a good deal.


Here's a picture of Garry and Veronika that came out well. I really like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!