Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tuesday in Lima

Two bananas in the morning.

Ed and I went to the Mercado in Surquillo for reasons of tourism/getting candy for work/eating breakfast. Ed didn't know about the breakfast part.

On the way there, we passed the coconut stuff stand. I got a Coconut Thing. For a half Sol, you get a coconut thing that's delicious. It is shredded coconut strips, held together with sugar, I suppose. Think a Mounds bar without the chocolate.



At the Mercado, we saw my friend, the Seafood Lady.


She made me a Cebiche of Conchas Negras and Ed a small dish of Fried Mixed Seafood. Even though he didn't know it was coming, he dealt with it well.




Later, we picked up Dely and went to Nautika for Lunch. I had a Groupon, so we got some dishes for (virtually) free, and it allowed us to order Too Much Food once again.

Dely and I finished off a small dish of the cancha (toasted corn). I was pretty much not paying attention, and I didn't get a lot of photos here. Our first dish was Choros a la Chalaca (Mussels with a cebiche-like mixture on top).


I ate two of them. Our next dish was the Trio of Causas. Causas are the mashed potato item that doubles as a food deliver device. The three on our dish were Octopus in a Olive Sauce, Mixed Seafood Salad, and Shrimps with Golf Sauce (mayonnaise and ketchup). I wound up eating about half of the plate, and Deli and Ed ate the rest. Don't worry about Dely; she can't be more than 100 pounds soaking wet, but she eats like a linebacker.

Our next two courses were Jalea (fried mixed seafood and fish) and a Tacu Tacu with Mariscos. I have no photos of either. The Tacu Tacu is a rice and bean patty covered (in this case) with assorted seafood in a red creamy sauce, and topped with a small amount of shredded Parmesan Cheese.

After, we walked along the Malecon in Chorrillos. Here's a picture of Ed and Dely.

Later that afternoon, I picked up a $1 Chicken Salad Sandwich on the street, and I had some frozen grapes in the apartment.

For dinner tonight, we went to Patagonia, right here in Miraflores. They're an Argentinean restaurant, so we had Steak. I had the Lomo a la Pimienta with sliced potatoes in a cream sauce, and Ed had the Lomo with just fries and a salad.


That's it for dinner. No dessert, no appetizer. They give you some pickled potatoes and pickled carrots when you sit down; I had some of those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!