Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday...

I remembered to take my vitamins this morning, for the first time since Saturday.  I usually do; hopefully, I am not starting a new trend.

Two hard-boiled eggs on the way to work.

Watermelon. More watermelon.

In one last remnant of Birthday Week, Johanna brought me some Meatloaf and Quiona with Mushrooms that her mom made. She left it for me for lunch yesterday, but Erin took me out instead,and I save it for today.

I don't think that I have ever eaten Quinoa before. According to Johanna, it is a 'Super Grain.' I looked it up in Wikipedia, and they say that it is a species of something called goosefoot, and originally came from parts of South America, and is supposed to be really good for you. They didn't mention flying around or x-ray vision, so perhaps Johanna was overstating just a little.

Both the meatloaf and the Quinoa were very good. It reminded me -- consistency-wise -- of a Mushroom and Barley dish that you would find in a Jewish Deli. If I see it on a menu somewhere, I would order it.

A few minutes ago... more watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!