Sunday, May 19, 2013

Heeere's Saturday!

Saturday is our second day at the resort, where You Eat What They Give You.

They gave us small, little pieces of omelets on tasty rolls. Once I realized that was all that was for breakfast, I ate three of them.

I am nothing if not resourceful. I broke me, Ed and Diego out of the joint, and we headed into town for some Pachamanca.

We didn't know Diego until we got there, but he wanted out as much as we did. He's Peruvian, so he knew where to go for the good stuff, and most importantly, he has a car. Off we went.

The best way that I can describe Panchamanca would be to think Clam Bake, but instead of seafood, use different meats and other Peruvian stuff. Wikipedia describes it better; click here.

Our Panchamaca was billed as Three Flavors, but it appeared to have four different meats: Chicken, Pork, Beef and some other meat. Each basket also had a Tamale, A Camote (Sweet Potato) and a Yellow Potato, along with a lot of Habas (a spanish bean). I finished all of mine, except for some of the Sweet Potato.

The restaurant was also pushing very heavily a pork dish, so we took them up on their offer. It was pretty freaking good, too.

We headed back to the resort after Lunch, and went to the Mess Hall at Dinner time.

The Soup was Chicken Noodle. It was good Chicken Noodle Soup, but please, I'm in Peru.

For our main dish, They brought out some chicken thing that was breaded and fried and covered with sauce. The side dish was an approximation of Chinese Fried Rice. It was a pretty good chicken thing and fried rice, but still.

I passed on the chocolate cake for dessert. We head back to Lima Sunday afternoon, so there will be some good dinner, and then back to my regular food plan: fruit, vegetables, and fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!