Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday Breakfast

Well, as I predicted, I was hungry again.

My first stop was Dona Paulina for a Pan con Chicharron Sandwich.
That's a Pork Sandwich with a layer of Sweet Potato on the bottom, and topped with onions. It's a fairly common weekend breakfast here in Peru... they're very civilized that way.

It was going well, until I went to the supermarket to pick up some fruit and vegetables.

That part worked out OK, but then I walked down the Bread Aisle.

These babies were hot, fresh, and smelled good. And they were 16 cents each. Mine didn't make it out of the bread aisle.

When I got home, I put the grapes in the freezer and the rest of the fruit away, and then I had to eat quick, because I am going to Lunch at 2:00.

So I ate a Causa de Pollo, six Scallops, a Chocolate Croissant,


A Causa is mashed Yellow Potatoes, flattened out and filled (sometimes topped) with (in this case what we would call Chicken Salad. My eating frenzy precluded me from taking a picture of the Chocolate Croissant, and the Scallops... well, there they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!