Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A New Week in Lima: Let's Have an Octopus!

I started the day with some frozen grapes while I was working in the morning.

Later, I was running Ed around town, and grabbed a Chicken Empanada on the street.

It was worth running errands with me, as we wound up in Puerto Norte in Downtown Lina.

Uncharacteristically, I shared three dishes with Ed. Usually, I am MINE MINE MINE! We started with Scallops Parmesean.

I guess that they were worried that we wouldn't get enough to eat, because they next brought out a bowl of plantain chips and tartar sauce. We had some chips, but passed on the sauce.
  

I want to say that I ordered the next dish just to piss my friend Cherie off, but that would be a lie. I ordered it because I like it. Ladies and Gentlemen: Grilled Octopus!

Our final couse was a Tacu Tacu (rice and bean patty) with shrimp and scallops in a creamy, cheesy sauce.

That was it. We didn't eat again until Dinner at 9 pm.

Dinner was at the Antica Trattatoria in Barranco. We started by splitting a pizza with shrimp and sausage.

Ed is a good eater; he had a full half of the pizza.

Because I didn't have nearly enough cheese, I ordered a Calzone with ham, cheese, spinach, and -- just for kicks -- Gorgonzola cheese. As if that wasn't a month's worth of fats, it was immense, too.

Ed had Chicken Pizziola, with a side of grilled vegetables and an extra side of spaghetti. He didn't much eat his vegetables. I would have taken them, but I was busy stuffing greasy calzone in my mouth.
 

Everything was delicious, by the way.

Lonnise and Viv.... You can STOP COUNTING now. The answer is: Too Many.

2 comments:

  1. You went all the way to Lima to eat Pizza???????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did, Mr(s). Anonymous!

      Well, kinda sorta. I wouldn't have bought a ticket just to go to South America for Italian food, but once I was there, it's another story.

      I think that Peruvians are too overly impressed with their Italian Food as a whole, but if you're going to have that every so often, Antica Trattatoria is a better choice than many. Also, I had already met my Minimum Daily Requirement for Pulpo, Scallops and Tacu Tacu.

      Delete

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!