Saturday, August 9, 2014

Texas Chili! :)

Thursday, August 7

No Breakfast again this morning. We were off early to a meeting again.

We got back to the hotel to get our bags and head to the airport, but first, Ed and I stopped for Lunch. I told him about the Chili right down the block from our hotel, and he agreed to come with me to try it.

So, off we went to the Hard Times Cafe. Ed got to do the Chili Sample thing, and he also decided that he liked the Texas Chili the best.

I knew that it was unlikely that I would eat again any time soon... there was nothing at the airport that I was going to enjoy half as much as the Chili, and it would even be higher in points, so I figured that gave me permission to, er, indulge a little.

I ordered a Bowl of Texas Chili, and on the side - an order of Fries with (more) Texas Chili and Bacon Crumbles. I didn't get it with Cheese because, well you know, I'm counting points. Ed had two Chili Dogs and Corn Dogs.



The Bowl of Chili was everything I had hoped it would be. I would have probably been better served by getting one of the other Chili's on the Fries because they were wetter than the Texas style. But great nevertheless. Ed seemed pleased, but you can't always tell with him because he always orders more than he eats, so leftovers are never an accurate indication of how much he likes something.

Much, much later, at home, I was hungry. It was around midnight. First, I opened a can of Collarad Greens, and when that wasn't enough, I had a container of Salsa. No Chips, no Vegetables; just Salsa. I don't have a lot in the refrigerator -- I was just away and am leaving again next week.


Here's my steps for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!