Friday, August 29, 2014

Lima Day 10: Amoramar and Mucho Mas!!!

Sabado, 23 Agosto

Sorry for the delay in posting. It took me a while to get caught up back home.

This weekend are my final two days here. I've done well, but I'm afraid I got a little out of control Saturday & Sunday.

In the morning, I walked down to the Bioferia to pick up some Olives to bring home for Loretta. There was a lot of Vegetarian/Vegan stuff there as well, some of it prepared foods. They had Vegan Lasagna.

I like Lasagna. I like Vegetables. I can take or leave Cheese, so I had a serving.

It was good. It wasn't Lasagna, but it was good.

Since I was eating, and I was in the neighborhood, I walked over to La Preferida. They have -- aside from their menu -- a 'bar' where you can order small versions of a lot of foods. I like a lot of foods, so I ordered some.

First, I had three mini-sandwiches: A Fish Hamburger, a Shrimp Omelet, and a Fried Fish Sandwich. The bottom photo is the Rocoto Relleno (Stuffed Pepper) that I love so much.

The three Sandwiches were very good, but the Fish Burger was Outstanding. I would have ordered three more, but I had the last one.

After Breakfast, I continued my walk, stopping at Per-Lizza for a Mushroom and Cheese Empanada, and then at a random place for a Coconut Cremolada.


Their Empanadas are the best, and although it was cold out, I like a nice Cremolada. They're kind of like a Slurpee, except better. They have real Fruit, and a better consistency. And no brain freeze.

I barely finished all that in time for Lunch. It's gets a little stressful the last few days.

On my adventure with Javier last week, we passed a place in Barranco called Siwichi Fusion. It was on a dank, crappy street, but it looked shiny, new and inviting. And Surquillo is quickly gentrifying and getting better and better. So I wanted to give them a shot.

The food: Good. The prices: Fair. The service: Crappy.

I started with a Causa.

A Causa is, basically, a Mashed Potato Sandwich. This one was filled with Avocado and Crab Meat.

For my Main Course, I had a Fish Filet Grilled, topped with a Sauce with Shrimp.

Also quite good. How can they screw up bringing me two plates of Food, right off the menu with no modifications? Don't get me started.

Kelly and I had plans for Dinner at Amoramar in Barranco. Cinthya introduced me to this place last trip. It's hidden in the middle of nowhere -- nobody is stumbling on this place by accident -- and every table was full. Both times.

And it is full for a reason. The food: Very Good. The prices: yeah, you're paying for it. The service: Top-notch.

When you are seated, they start you with some Bread and Butter and a mini-Shrimp Cocktail.

Kelly ate some Bread; I just had my Shrimp.

FOr our Appetizers, I had a Fish & Octopus Cebiche, and Kelly ordered the Causa Trio.



Everything was as good as it looked. I made believe that, "How is your Cebiche?" means, "Can I taste some of your Cebiche?," so it was mine, all mine. I had Causa for Lunch.

Our main Dishes were pretty glorious. I had the Rice with Duck (yes!) and Kelly had an order of Cabrito (Goat).


I was very excited. I posed and posed.


I think I like the first one better, but I'm not sure. Kelly was excited, too. We took a team photo.

We both polished off our plates and passed on Dessert. They would have none of that, so they brought us some goodies with the check.

That was it for the day. Here's my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!