Tuesday, August 5, 2014

George Washington Ate Here

Monday, August 4

The hotel in Rockford had free Breakfast stuff. There was something for me.

Yup, Fruit Salad, two Eggs, and decaf Coffee... let me at the world!

We had one meeting, and then met Jennifer for Lunch. We met at Union Station, which is right by the Historic Capitol Building. Everything is by the Historic Something... this was by the Capitol. We went where the Senators go to get our Shoes shined.

Anyway, we had Lunch at Thunder Grill, right in the station. I had a Salmon Burger (it was a piece of Fish, not a patty), with Vegetables. Jennifer had a Burger, and Ed had the Fajitas.



I wouldn't call it Fine Dining, but it was Dining, and it was right near Jennifer's office, and we ate and got a lot of work accomplished at the same time.

In the evening, we took the train back into Washington (our hotel is now in Alexandria), took some bicycles from the Share-A-Ride thingamabobs, and rode around a little. I saw the White House, the Ford Theater (where Lincoln got shot), the house across the street from the Ford Theater (where Lincoln died), and finally, Chinatown.




We also did a bike-by of the Spy Museum, but the photo of that apparently self-destructed.

Ed has a favorite place in Chinatown... Tony Cheng's. Ed described it as "regular Chinese food, but really good Chinese food." That was good enough for me.

I ordered the House Special Soup and Moo Shu Pork. Ed went for an order of Steamed Dumplings (I had one), Egg Drop Soup, and some sort of Shrimp Dish.






The Soup was OK, the Moo Shu was very good, and the one Dumpling that I had was EXCELLENT. It was large, tasty, and freshly made. I would go back and order two types of Dumplings and be good for Dinner. Well, maybe a Bowl of Soup, too.

They brought us some Orange slices with the check. I had two.

That should have been it, but back at the hotel at around 11:00, I got hungry, so I got dressed and went downstairs. There was a bar with Bad Karaoke coming out of it. But they had a kitchen and they were open.

I had an order of Wings.

They were as bad as the Karaoke. That was it for the day. Here's my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!