Saturday, August 9, 2014

Alexandria Dining Guide

Wednesday, August 6

Not really a 'Dining Guide,' but we ate all of our Meals in Alexandria... do with this what you will.

Nothing for Breakfast... we had some early meetings, but I did get in another selfie in the Hotel.

We had a break between meetings, so we went around the corner to Villa d'Este Ristorante. The waiter did not seem pleased with life, much less having to ask us what we wanted to eat or bring it to us. Despite the warm welcome, we ordered and ate.

I had the Asparagus Soup. It was not Cream-based, so I was happy. To follow, I ordered the Chicken Breasts with Tomato and Mozzarella. It had a fancier name, but I don't remember what it was.


Ed had the Pasta y Fagioli Soup and the Veal Raviolis in Meat Sauce.


The food was OK. There was nothing wrong with it, but there was nothing to make me want to get on a plane, or even a taxi, and eat there again.

For Dinner, we met Page after work and after first stopping for a drink, headed to Flying Fish Restaurant on King Street, in downtown Alexandria Old Town.

We started by sharing three Appetizers: Fried Calamari (both regular and Spicy) and Onion Ribgs.

The Rings and the Spicy Calamari were good. The Rings were excellent, but I hold all Calamari to the standards set by The Capital Grille, and these weren't quite that good.

For our Main Courses, I chose three Sushi Rolls from the Happy Hour Menu (I can't pass up a deal!), and both Page and Ed had the Seared Yellow Fin Tuna.



My Sushi was very good. I liked the ones with the Red Fish Eggs better. Both Page and Ed said that their Tuna was Outstanding. They unknowingly picked the house specialty... I saw a lot of other tables ordering it as well. Also, Page quickly picked up the skill of taking a Blog Photo -- good job!

That was it for me for the day. Here's my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!