Monday, October 6, 2014

Friday: Jerk Pork and Hot & Soul

Friday, October 3

A Bowl of Watermelon. Another Bowl of Watermelon.

D'Angelo was going to the Jamaican place to pick up Lunch. He got me a order of Jerk Pork.

Aside from the Pork, there was Rice & Peas, Cabbage, one piece of Carrot (I didn't eat that), and some Plantains... fantastic.

One more Bowl of Watermelon.

Brian used to live down here, so he set up a meet-up for a lot of his old cronies. He searched and searched, and found out that Mai-Kai had a Happy Hour from 5 to 7... plans done! And we got to wear our Hawaiian Shirts.

I've never been there, but I suspect that it hasn't changed in 69724976097109 years. If you've ever driven by and had an idea about it, you're right.

He told stories with his buddies; I got to order a drink in a Pineapple.

Happy Hour ended at 7:00. His friends are newspaper people, so they cleared out at 7:01. We went just a couple of blocks away to Hot & Soul, on the corner of Federal Highway and Oakland Park Boulevard.

I really like Hot & Soul, and I always wish that I gave them more of my business.

For our Appetizers, I had the half order of the Chicken Adobo, and Brian had one of the Daily Specials, the Dumplings.


Adobo = delicious, and Brian said that the Dumplings were very good. And he has taken to posing for Blog photos like a fish to water.

For our Main Courses, I had the Holay Mole, which is chunks of Pork Shoulder over Rice. Brian had the Shrimp Curry.



The Shrimp Curry had cutesy name; all of their dishes do. Despite that, I still like it there. My Pork over Rice was outstanding, and Brian liked his Shrimp dish as much as his Appetizer.

If you're keeping score, I had three dishes with Rice today. I blame Brian.

That's it... here's my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!