Monday, March 20, 2017

LIMA DAY 11: Adios, Lima

Sunday, March 19, 2017

On Sunday mornings, I drink Coffee and read my Kindle. It's what I do. So I set off on a search for somewhere to do just that, and I found that Delicass was open.


They are a coffee shop/diner kind of place. This one is in a small mall with a Supermarket and some other stores. A cup of Coffee is about US$3, but for about $6.50 you can get Coffee, fresh Juice, Scrambled Eggs, and a basket of Breads. So that's what I did. And I read my Kindle.

There's been flooding in Peru big-time, and it has screwed up the water supply here in the city. There was no water in my apartment building, and it is 5474037807 degrees out, so I moved in (for my last night) to the Hotel Boulevard, where Ed is staying. Plenty of air conditioning and water in the showers.

Ed and I went for his final Lunch to Cala Restaurant. It's right on the water, very fancy, and has good food. We didn't have a reservation, and we got the last available table -- the whole place filled up after we got there.

We started with Scallops for me and a 'cooked' Shrimp Ceviche for Ed.


Me, I love Scallops. I extra love Grilled Scallops. Ed loves Shrimp -- everybody's happy.

Speaking of love... I Love Duck. My friend Joi loves Duck, too. But it's different. She loves them because they are cute; I love them for Dinner. Or Lunch.

Sorry, Joi. I had the Rice with Duck. It's probably my last chance until I get back here. Ed had Tuna.



My Duck was good. It wasn't up to the standards set earlier this week, but pretty much nothing could be. Ed seemed to enjoy his Tuna. We passed on Dessert.

So Ed left for the airport and I kept myself occupied in the evening. Around 10:30, I realized that I hadn't had Dinner. I wasn't emotionally prepared to deal with a restaurant, so I went to the supermarket and bought some Turkey, Cheese, Mustard and a Loaf of Bread.

I didn't really think the whole Bread thing completely through, but I managed to rip off enough Bread for one Sandwich, and that was enough to keep me happy.

That was it for this trip. My flight is super early on Monday, so there might be some nonsense at the airport, but probably not.

4 comments:

  1. Too bad your Lima trip coincided with some terrible weather in Peru. But it seems you still were able to accomplish (eat) a lot. Thanks for the great pics.

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juan. When are is your trip?

      BTW, I strongly suggest you eat at the Bar at Central.

      Delete
  2. We'll arrive there in mid June.

    Eat at the bar? with the top senora?

    Juan

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Central... the bar will be beautiful.

      And they have a normal menu at the bar, Virgilio says. Probably much less flowers to be eaten.

      Delete

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!