Friday, March 10, 2017

LIMA DAY 2: Rice, Duck, Soup, Coffee, Empanada

Thursday, March 10, 2017

...the title says it all :)

I had a full morning and afternoon,  so all I was able to do was run out for a Latte and an Empanada at a coffee shop near my place.

That's OK, because I was saving myself for dinner.

My favorite restaurant in the world is Panchita. Imagine my pleasure when they called me to make sure that I was coming. Of course I would be there... what I forgot to do was invite anyone to join me. After a couple of failed last-minute calls, I went alone.

I just had two courses. The first was a bowl of what they called Levantate Pancho. I called it Chicken Wonton Noodle Soup.

It was pretty wonderful. And enough for Dinner all on its own. In a show of incredible willpower, I only ate half of it, saving space for Rice With Duck.

Here's the Arroz con Pato. I need to get a Peru phone with a better camera.

I have ordered this three times over the years here, and every time, they change the preparation a little. I don't care. It was delicious. And there was plenty of the burnt Rice stuck to the bottom of the pan.

That was it for the day. Ed is flying in late tomorrow night, so there should be plenty of action next week.

1 comment:

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!