Saturday, March 18, 2017

LIMA DAY 9: Recovery Day

Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. I saw a hi-tech Spork.

I met Bertha for Breakfast. Due to flooding throughout the country, there's sporadically no water in Lima. We restaurant hunted for a while until we wound up at Mercado #1 in Surquillo, where we found an open Cevicheria.

We both had... Ceviche. This was also the place that sports the Sporks.


As we left, we saw an open Ice Cream place. Bertha ran to it like a Moth to a light, so we had Ice Cream for Dessert.


In the afternoon, I stopped by a place near my house for a cup of Coffee and an Egg and Sausage Sandwich.

I had plans with Lucia at night. We were going to meet up and do a "Tour de Mierdo" -- a nighttime scary cemetery tour. We went to a Dunkin Donuts to get something cold to drink before the tour.



The tour was... not so scary. We saw some houses that might have been haunted, and the Cemetery -- Cementerio Presbitero Matias Maestro. The Tour part was only so-so but the Cemetery was really big, and would have been great to visit for the photo ops in the daytime. We didn't see any ghosts, and were only told about some witches. Here's some pictures that I was able to get from the tour...















The better-lit, indoor photos were from the Cemetery's centerpiece: The Crypt of the Heroes. It had the remains of all of Peru's war heroes, and was well-kept and very respectful. As a bonus, I now know why most of the streets are named what they are... all of the guys we saw in there have their own street here in town.

After, it was late, we were dirty and tired. We never made it to Dinner. In a shocking development, I didn't die of starvation.

2 comments:

  1. Well, in my defense, it was my first time at La Fiorentina, and that place figure as 5th best Ice cream shop in Lima.

    The Moth XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jajajajaja. I couldn't figure out at first where you were running. It wasn't like they were going to run out of Ice Cream!!!!! :)

      Delete

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!