Friday, December 18, 2015

Lima Day 8: Dely's Birthday

Thursday, December 17

Another day; another birthday. Well, someone has to eat in these restaurants. :)

I ran some errabds in the morning, and wound up in front of Cevicheria Los Calamares on the Barranco/Surco border. I like it there.

They sell half orders of some of their Appetizers, so they played right into my hands. I had a Leche de Pantera, Tequenos, and Scallops Parmesan.



Leche de Pantera is like Leche de Tigre (Ceviche in a glass), but it uses Conchas Negras (Black Clams) instead of Fish. It's very popular. The Tequenos were stuffed with Crab Meat, and the Scallops Parmesean were as ever... Scallops with melted Cheese. How can it go wrong?

For my Main Course, I ordered the Tacu Tacu (Rice & Bean Patty), covered in Mixed Seafood.

I neglected to notice that the menu said that it was covered with Cheese, but I muddled through.

Later in the afternoon, I was walking around, and there was some kiosk that wanted to sell me Chocolate Ice Cream. I let them.

Today was my friend Dely's Birthday. Actually, it was Tuesday, but we decided to go out to celebrate on Thursday. She weighs 95 pounds soaking wet, but eats like a linebacker.

We met at Panchita. Yes, I was already there this week, but twice in one trip seems like not enough.

For our Appetizer, we decided to share a Main Course of Anticuhos de Corazon.


Anticuchos de Corazon are Beef Hearts, grilled. We split them right down the middle.

For our Main Courses, Dely stuck with the 'hearts' theme and had Chicken Hearts on a stick, and I had one of my favorite dishes, Arroz comn Pato (Rice with Duck). I love Duck.



Rich with Arroz con Pato: The Official Portrait
 

She polished all of hers off (like a Linebaker, I tell you), and I ate all the Duck and about a third of the Rice.

For Dessert, we split a Queso Helado.

That was it for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!