Thursday, December 27, 2018

LIMA DAY 9: Meat. Lots of Meat. And Garry Eats Duck

You thought I was kidding when I said, "Lots of Meat."
Thursday, December 20, 2019

Garry was making a guest appearance in Lima, so I met up with him and we did some Christmas shopping (well, Garry shopped; I watched in awe) at Polvos Azules.

I was not without a purchase. Outside the Mercado, there was a Giant Mutant Corn stand.

I l.ove Giant Mutant Corns. They're like regular corns, except Giant.

For Lunch, Garry always lets me pick the restaurant, so I suggested that we go to KaƱete. That's the place where I had the Duck Dumplings the pother day - they had a very interesting Menu.

We started with Scallops a la Chalaca.
 

I'm sure that a Peruvian Chef would shudder at this description, but these are sort of Mini-Scallop Ceviches. They chop up the Scallops, and add Onion, Hot Pepper, Corn, Diced Tomatoes and Lime Juice. They are usually made with Mussels, but the Scallops were an excellent Upgrade

For my Main Course, I had the Short Ribs.

The Meat was really, really tender. I'm not sure I'v e mentioned this, but the Food is very good here.

Garry ordered the Rice with Duck. I am guessing it was also delicious; all he offered me was a taste of the Rice.
 

I hit up the Cremolada stand outside the restaurant while we waited for our taxi. Garry passed, but the driver was 100% with the program.

Fernando and I met for Dinner at Baco y Vaca, an upscale Steak House in San Isidro. The Food there is excellent, but the service staff has way more attitude than I like.

Along with the Bread Basket, Fernando had the Carpaccio for his Appetizer. I had the Chanchito 8 Horas (Baby Pig slow-cooked for 8 hours).
 
 

My Pork was fork-tender, and I am guessing that Fernando liked his plate - neither of us said a word until the dishes were empty.

Fernando had a normal Steak for his Main Course.Apparently, I didn't take a picture.

I ordered the Mixed Grill. Aside from having four different cuts of Beef, it arrived on a Cow.
 

This is where the service issues came into play. The Steak was way overcooked, compared to what I asked for. The waited decided that the best course of action was to argue with me that grey meat was rare, and it wasn't until the Manager got involved that I had my order correctly prepared.

Once done correctly, it was wonderful.

I've eaten here once before, and it was the same story: Great Food; lousy service. There are enough upscale Steak Houses in Lima that I will not return here again.

We passed on Dessert. That was it for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!