Monday, December 17, 2018

LIMA DAY 3: Three Squares. And A Birthday Twin!

That's a de-boned whole Fish, head still attached. No, I didn't eat it.
Friday, December 14, 2018

I went out in the morning to pick up my laundry and ran into someone I knew. One thing lead to another, and I forgot the Laundry and stopped at a Coffee Shop down the street for Breakfast.





I had an Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado, and a Coffee to go with it.

A little bit later, I left to go get some Lunch and pick up my Laundry. I headed over to teh Mercado in Surquillo, where I have my own personal Seafood Lady, Rosa. She made me a Ceviche of Shrimps, Langostinos and Scallops, along with an order of Fried Fish Chunks. Oh, and a Bowl of Chilcano (Fish Stock Soup). I did not eat the Entire Fish pictured above.
 
 

Around 4 pm, I went out to pick up my Laundry. I actually remembered this time, but it was hot, so I stopped and had a Creamolada.



They are pretty much like Slurpees, except that they use real Fruit, and you can get them in any of 9686590347 different flavors. Mine was Canteloupe.

That kept me full and Happy until Dinner time, where I had a reservation at Panchita, my Favorite Restaurant in the World. I put on clean clothes, headed out, and was greeted by Carlos, my personal waiter.

He started me on the bread while we negotiated what I was having for Dinner.

I had been in town for two whole days and had not had a Stuffed Pepper as yet, so that was an easy decision.

My Main Course was originally going to be Main Courses until Carlos talked some reason into me. My plan was to order the Carapulcra with Sopa Seca, only eat a little of it, and then have the Adobo of Pork for my big finish.

Instead, he pointed me towards the Taillarin Saltado con Lengua, which is Pasta, mixed in with Stir-Fried Onions, Tomatoes and -- this time - Tomgue. This dish is classiclyu done with either Beef or Chicken, so the Tongue was a wild card. I like Tongue, but mostly eat it on a Sandwich, so I went for it.

Yes, that's strips of Sauteed Beef Tongue in there. Carlos was right on two counts - I wouldn't have only eaten a little of this dish, and I would not have even touched the following Pork dish. So I ate about half of that, and still had some room for the greatest Ice Cream-like Dessert ever - Queso Helado.

When I am in the USA, I think that I miss Queso Helado the most of all.

That was it for the day, but in a surprise development, Carlos and I both have the same birthday. We're sort of twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!