Friday, December 21, 2018

LIMA DAY 7: Cremoladas - Like A Slurpee, But Better. And Octopus

If everyone gets three tentacles, what happens to the other two?
Tuesday, December 18, 2018

I went to 1972 Coffee for Breakfast.

I usually only go there on the weekends, when the don't offer their Breakfast Special. The Juice, Coffee and Eggs are around $6, and nobody likes a bargain like I do.

One of my favorite things about 1972 Coffee is the Comfy Chairs. Well, they redecorated, and the Comfys are out, and slightly more modern looking furniture is in. Their Coffee is good, but I probably won't be stopping by as often.

Alex picked me up for Lunch, and we wound up at our current favorite place, La Red. They make a nice Octopus there. Nice.

We split a Ceviche and each had the Tacu Tacu con Pulpo.

 

Not a word was spoken while we devoured our Food.

For Dessert, we stopped at a Cremolada place in Miraflores. Cremoladas are like Slurpees, only better. They are made with many, many less chemicals, lots of real Fruit or Chocolate or whatever, and you eat them with a Spoon, rather than a Straw. And best (or worst) of all - A vat of the stuff only costs 60 cents more than a regular cup.
 
 
 

I don't remember what flavor Alex had, but mine was Chocolate and Melon.

For Dinner, I tried a new place. Another one that's off the beaten path but came up in my web crawling... Trentino 114.

It's sort of Italian, but Peruvian-Italian. And the pictures on Menu looked good, so off I went.

The place is tiny - 8 Tables. Only one other had people when I arrived, but by the time I was finished, seven tables were occupied.
 

I ordered three dishes. The first was Scallops (sort of) Parmesan.
 

They are sort of the regular Scallops Parmesan here, except there's a different kid of cheese and the menu said that there was some whipped Cauliflower in there, along with some Black Butter. Whatever, they were delicious.

Next up was the Seafood Salad.
 

This was a combination of warm Octopus, Calamari, Shrimp and Scallops, along with cool Hearts of Palm, Artichoke Hearts, Asparagus, Mushrooms and Tomatoes. This was delicious.

Last up, because they are Italian-ish, I got a Mini Pizza.

This is their Pizza "L'Intenso" which had Mozzarella, Gorgonzola, Proscuitto, Caramelized Onions and some sort of Red Wine reduction. It was good, and probably would have been better if it hadn't been the last item of the day.

That's it for Tuesday. I think it went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!