Saturday, August 19, 2017

LIMA DAY 8: Four Dates for Dinner

Friday, August 18, 2017

It's all about the []_[]! Just 14 days until kickoff! :)

Lonnise and I went next door for Breakfast and we ran into Manuel, the man who owns the apartments we rent. So we ate with him.



I had a Latte and Ham & Cheese Sandwich, Lonnise had Tea and Apple Pie, and Manuel had Coffee with the Ham & Cheese.

For Lunch, we took a cab over to Chorrillos and ate at El Marati.

This Cevicheria is far from where we live, but I like the food, and the service is good, and... I just like it.

We kept it simple. Lonnise had Chupe de Camarones (a Shrimp Soup, but that understates it), We shared a Rice with Shrimp plate, and I had the Ceviche El Marati, which is this huge Martini Glass filled with Ceviche, Fish on a Stick, Shrimp on a Stick, Leche de Tigre (Ceviche Juice), and other stuff. Not only is it delicious, it offers 9862376342763298 photo opportunities.





That was plenty for lunch.

Later in the day, we were walking the Central Park in Miraflores. Because this is Peru, you can't go 10 feet without finding something to eat. Well, we walked ten feet and wound up at the Rice Pudding Stand.



Every year, I go with some friends out of Lima and we bring a Christmas Party to some really poor kids who wouldn't otherwise get to celebrate. You can read about last year's party by CLICKING HERE. Anyway, the group has a lot of ugly guys and three pretty girls, so I hang out with the pretty girls. We met for Dinner this time at Wallqa, which is the restaurant run by the graduate students at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu Cooking School here in Lima.

After catching up a little, we order our Appetizers...






Thises girls really know how to model their food. From the top: Ceviche for Deisi, Paste de Choclo for Lonnise (very different than what we had at Panchita), a Causa with Scallops for Bertha, and Parihuela (Seafood Soup) for Lucia and me.

I really liked my Soup, Bertha and Lonnise were very happy with their Appetizers, Deisi said that the Ceviche wasn't spicy enough and I think that Lucia like here, but she speaks so softly that I am not sure what she said.

Then our Main Courses arrived:







You have Lonnise with a Lomo Saltado, Bertha with Rice with Duck, Lucia with Paiche (a Fish that is only found in the Amazon), what appears to be a Filet for Deisi and Rice with Duck for me. Everyone was a member of the Clean Plate Club, so there you have it.

We all had Dessert. And I have no clue what we had. But here they are:




We told them that it was Lonnise's birthday last week, so they did up a plate for her with all the Bells and Whistles.

That was it for the day. While I have you, did you remember to CLICK HERE and look at last year's Kids' Christmas Party? It's really rewarding. If you want to come, write me, and you can get on a plane and play with the kids. If you can't make it, well, this takes money to put on this event, and if you would like to donate some, drop me a line or leave a comment here and we can work something out.

1 comment:

  1. Great play by play, and excellent photos. More please.

    Juan

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!