Friday, August 18, 2017

LIMA DAY 7: Another Day in Paradise

Thursday, August 17, 2017

If we were members of the Peruvian Senate, we would be really safe.

I only had Coffee at the Coffee Shop today, and then had leftovers from Panchita for the rest of my Breakfast. And two mini-Bananas.



Re-Heated Lomo Saltado is almost as good as Original Lomo Saltado.

For Lunch, Lonnise and I walked  just a few blocks to a new (to me) place called El Bodegon.


It's new, but the place is set up to look like an old school Peruvian Bar (they refer to them here as a Taberna) where people would sit around, hang out for hours and eat, drink and talk the evening away. I've been in 'real' Tabernas, and this is pretty realistic, with a little better food and excellent service.

After yesterday's Foodfest, we decided to step down our games, just a little. We shared a Rocoto Relleno (Stuffed Pepper) for our Appetizer.

This was excellent, as was the Pastel de Papa (Potatoes) that came with it.

For our Main Courses, I had Estafado de Lengua (Tongue) and Lonnise had a dish called Aueropuerto.




The Tongue was in a Stew with Carrots, Potatoes and Raisins, with an obligatory Olive hiding in there. It was really good, but I was hoping for something that looked more Tongue-like, just for the photo op. Lonnise's dish is a fancy version of Fried Rice, with lots of stuff in it, and topped with a Fried Egg and a Fried Pork Cutlet. You can't see the Cutlet because it was on the side of the plate facing her. She polished off the Cutlet and a lot of the Rice (there was a ton). I tasted some of her Rice, and it was excellent. I will go back for that dish.

After some tourist excursions and some resting, we went to Jose Antonio for Dinner.

We were still taking it easy. Lonnise easier than I was.She had a Shrimp Causa, and I had Sopa Criolla and Tacu Tacu with Shrimp Sauce.




A Causa is Mashed Yellow Potatoes stuffed (in this case) with what we would call Shrimp Salad. Sort of like a soft Shrimp Salad Sandwich. My Soup was Beef-Based, with Noodles and Ground Beef. The Tacu Tacu is the same Rice & Bean Patty that I had yesterday, but this time covered in a creamy Sauce and Shrimp.

They had no Chocolate Ice Cream, so we passed on Dessert at the restaurant.

3 comments:

  1. Why do you waste time taking tourist breaks? You could be eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!