Wednesday, May 10, 2017

LIMA DAY 5: Advance Scout Work!

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

My amiga Lonnise is coming to Peru in August. She likes Aji de Gallina. God help me if I take her somewhere and she gets a bad plate of it. However unlikely, I did some advance work. In the name of tourism; no other reason.

I was still full from the night before (I may ALWAYS be full from Monday night), but I had a few minutes free in the morning and ran down to get some Juice. While I was there, they were frying up fresh Sandwiches, so I had the lady make me an Egg and Chorizo Sandwich. I forgot my phone, so I brought it home to eat.

Total price for those babies: $2.50. The Pineapple Juice was blended fresh, and I remembered to ask them to use Splenda instead of Sugar this time.

Around 2 pm, I walked over to Estacion 329. That's the Coffee Store that's next door to the other apartment I rent. I wanted to make sure that they are still there -- Lonnise is coming here next trip, and we have apartments in that building. She likes Coffee.

After our excited re-acquaintance, I had a Latte and a Roast Beef Sandwich.

I am sure that there are holes-in-the-wall somewhere in this country that have bad food. I just haven't found one yet. This Sandwich was four-step process, starting when they sliced the Bread from an entire Loaf.

Even though I swore that I would never be hungry again, around 10:30, I got hungry... go figure. I could have gone to quite a few places, but I remembered that I had to do some prep work, so I hoofed it over to Panchita (again). I was going to go somewhere else, but I remembered that Panchita is my Favorite Restaurant in the World, so why not?

They hit me with the Delicious Bread, and I ordered a Sopa Criolla to start.

The Sopa Criolla has all the good stuff under the liquid. There's thin Noodles, small pieces of Meat, an Egg or two, and just plenty of Excellent. I ate about half the Soup, and brought the rest home for my doorman.

Then came the Aji de Gallina.

This dish is shredded Chicken with Potatoes in a creamy, slightly spicy Sauce. It also come with Rice, in case the Potatoes weren't enough starch. I also asked for a side order of Pastel de Papa, which is kind of a Potato Lasagna, withput the sauce and Meat. Just Potato and Cheese. Lonnise will approve, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!