Wednesday, May 17, 2017

LIMA DAY 11: One Last Trip to Panchita

Monday, May 15, 2017

I had a busy day today, what with shipping boxes and taking my clothes to the cleaners and all. Oh yeah, and packing.

From my apartment window, there's a clear view of La Salsa Sandwich Shop. I hardly every get to go there, what with the mountain of choices in town. I headed over around noon.


That was a Pork Sandwich, along with Fries and a Chicha Morada (Purple Corn Juice). And the combo was a hot $6.

To soften the blow of it being my last night in town, Maria joined me for a trip to Panchita. It's one of her favorite restaurants, too. In a development that shocked absolutely nobody, she was late, so I got to eat almost the entire Octopus On A Stick by myself.

Ask anyone - Panchita has the best Octopus around. I don't think that they have their own Octopus farms, so I guess it is the marinade. But whatever -- it's the best.

For our Main Courses, Maria had the Lomo Saltado, and I had the Swordfish.



I don't cook Swordfish at home -- I just never get it right. So I leave it to the professionals. I assume that the Lomo Saltado was food... I looked over and it was gone.

For Dessert, we split an order of Queso Helado.


That was it. Home to finish packing. I'm off tomorrow early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!