Monday, March 19, 2018

LIMA DAY 7: Rice and Duck. And More Duck.

Finally, some Waffles that you could, er, sink your teeth into!
Thursday, March 15, 2018

I went back to Estacion 329 to see if they would keep their word on the whole Waffle issue from yesterday. They did the right thing.

I kept busy during the day. At around 2 pm, I realized that Ed and I were going to a restaurant tonight where I was more than likely to order Duck, and I remembered that I still had leftover Arroz con Pato from Panchita the other day.

It would have been blatantly unfair to eat new Duck when I still had old Duck, so I fixed that situation as quickly as I could.

Our Dinner plans were to go to Fiesta Gourmet restaurant. They specialize in Northern Peruvian food. The place is Uber-expensive, they take themselves super-seriously (all the dudes are wearing suits), but the Food is outrageously wonderful, the service is over-the-top great, and they don't fancy it up - just really, really good versions of Northern Peruvian Food. They could use some help with the translations on the English menu, but oh well.

After we were seated, they brought us both a piece of Cheese Bread. On a really fancy plate.

Ed always gets the same thing here. I usually get the same thing here. We like what we like - don't hate!

We started with Cream of Asparagus Soup for Ed and a Tortilla de Erizo - a Sea Urchin Omelet - for me.
 

At first, it seemed odd to me that they make Omelets for Dinner, but I have had the Duck Omelet previously, so I tried the Erizo. The waiter downsold me into the smaller portion.

The Omelet was on a bed of Crunchy Rice, and topped with both Fresh and Fried Sea Urchins. I like them, but the Fried ones seemed to be a waste - they are small, so the breading overtook the flavor. All in all, it was great, and I was kind of sad that I let him sell me the smaller one.

For our Main Courses, Ed had a Lomo Saltado and I had the house specialty: Rice and Duck.

I will wait while you recover from the surprise.
 

Ed's Lomo was wonderful... he gave me one hunk of his Meat to taste. Fiesta Gourmet is famous for their Rice and Duck, and with good reason. The Duck was perfectly cooked, tender as all get out, and ridiculously delicious. The Rice alone would be good enough for Dinner.

The waiter shot up 300% in my eyes for downselling the Omelet. It was all I could do to eat the Duck. I sadly waved good-bye to the Rice as it left the table.

We both passed on Dessert and headed out for our evening's adventures after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!