Wednesday, April 4, 2018

LIMA DAY 12: Breakfast(s)


Yes, that's beautiful airplane food. Go figure.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

So my plane was at noon. Working backwards, I had to be in a taxi by 8 am.

I planned ahead and purchased a Juanes in the supermarket the day before. I had it for Pre-Breakfast

If you think that looks like a Banana Leaf wrapped around something, you're right. That's how they make Rice and Chicken in the jungle down in Peru. They will prepare it and Boil it when they are ready to serve. Me... I put it in the Microwave (it was 7 in the morning, after all).
 
 

It was good, and certainly more than I had a right to expect at 7:00 am. I am sure it would be better in a real restaurant.

There were no big crowds at the airport, so I got through all the lines quickly and had time to have my Real Breakfast at Tanta. Since it was my Farewell Breakfast, I ordered two Peruvian Classics: Rocoto Relleno and Pastel de Choclo.
 




The Stuffed Pepper was fabulous. I don't think I've ever had a bad Rocoto Relleno. I think that I ordered Tanta's Pastel last time, and I wasn't a fan of it then... that remains unchanged.

Airplanes stock their food at the point of departure, so it shouldn't have been a surprise that Post-Breakfast was both pretty and tasty. Peruvian Food is, well, Peruvian Food.

This was Smoked Trout slices, with something that they said was 'cream' and tri-color Quinoa. And they tossed in a Chocolate Teja for good measure for Dessert. So my final South-of-the-Equator Meal was a very good Bonus Breakfast.

That was it for this trip. Thanks for reading - sorry about the delay on the last few days.

When I got home, Ernie was happy to see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!