Friday, March 8, 2013

Tiradito Fish

As if I hadn't eaten enough today, I went to Tiradito Fish with my amigo, Alex.

We shared a frozen lemonade, then I went to town on a parihuela, which is a soup containing crab, shrimp, clams, scallops, chunks of fish, calamari, and some octopus. There might of been other stuff, but I was in a frenzy, so I don't remember.

For my main course, I had a Tacu Tacu with Tuna Saltado. Tacu Tacu is a rice and bean patty, and it is used in Perucian cooking as a food delivery device, but it is tasty in its own right. The Tuna Saltado (like all saltados) are stir fried dishes with onions, tomatos, sometimes other egetables a little soy sauce, and some spices.

My Parihuela was excellent, and the Tacu Tacu was good, but I wasn't very appreciative after the soup.
For a country that doesn't bring you a glass of ice without an act of congress, they make a nice frozen lemonade.


The white-ish stuff under the red pepper and onions is the tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very welcome. Click on the picture to read all about my day. Subscribe to the Blog! Just like eating with me, but less calories!